Is it just me or do these mid-week holidays mess you up? And I’m not just talking about the drinking and eating. Here’s why I think we should pass a law against mid-week holidays.
- You experience two Mondays in four days.
- You have to go back to work the “Monday” after the big one which could (should) limit your consumption.
- Your trash day is moved up a day. You know it. I know it. I don’t trust it so I still drag it to the curb on my regular trash day.
- You get two Fridays, but on the first one you get ripped off with only one day off.
- If you’re self-employed everyone you work with or want to work with is out of the office. Which means no emails, no calls, no interaction.
What if we make it a law that Christmas and New Years has to be celebrated on a Friday? No one seems to mind when we have “President’s Day Observed.” There’s no outrage over that. Technically December 25th was not Christ’s actual birthday so we’ve been “observing” it all along.
Thursday businesses close at 2:00pm, Friday is the holiday. Saturday is the recovery day and Sunday is the Lord’s day. Back to work nice and fresh. Nobody gets hurt.
Who’s with me?